[May Meeting 2018] OERu Course Quality Working Group

Hi everyone,

My apologies for the lateness of this reminder; and the tardiness in readying the meeting webspace for the meeting. I can confirm that we’ll be meeting at 9.00am AEST (as per the decision made at the last meeting) on Friday May 25th.

The working space for the May meeting is: http://wikieducator.org/OERu/Planning/Quality_review_project/May_2018_meeting

If there are any concerns, or I am mistaken about the timing for the meeting, please do let me know.

Kind regards,
Adrian

P.S.
New members are welcome; I am tagging @Mackiwg @carina_bossu @Dan in particular.
@Mackiwg: do you know if @carolct will be joining us for the meeting? It would be great to meet her.

Thanks @AdrianStagg

Looking forward to our catchup up tomorrow - will be a refreshing break from the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance which kicks in tomorrow. A good and positive development to protect personal data - but a lot of work for a small non-profit. Perhaps something for inclusion in our policy work.

I doubt that @carolct will be joining us - it will be midnight in the UK!

See you tomorrow!
W

Hi all, sorry too late for me to join you this time.
Carol

Hi Adrian,

My research group met with Wayne a little while back to go over my research plan. We agreed that it would be more beneficial for both the OERu and my research to change the focus from the Quality group to a live course like LiDA103 where open source technologies are being used for learning. So I wish you all well with your work in this group. If there’s anything that you need clarified about my previous contributions to the group, just ask! I’ll continue to make posts in OERu spaces about my research as it advances.

As for the FLANZ conference that I participated in, I got good feedback on the presentation about developing a QA framework, but I got few questions. You can see my two submissions in the conference proceedings

Take care!
Dan

Hi all,

I’m sorry, but I’ll be an apology for the meeting today. George is unwell and I’m taking a carer’s day.

I’ll look at the meeting agenda and catch up with what was discussed.

Thanks and apologies for the last minute change.

Kind regards,
Carina

Hi everyone,

A change of plan based on last Friday: we’ll meet in the 9.00am timeslot on Friday June 1.
I have added a new page for the meeting: http://wikieducator.org/OERu/Planning/Quality_review_project/June_2018_meeting

Can I please ask that all members (especially @Mackiwg @carina_bossu @Dan @Maureen_G @carolct please), confirm that the time is acceptable? We did discuss timing in the March meeting, but it appears this this won’t do for everyone.
If we can have this discussion in the lead-up to Friday, we can have this hopefully sorted to maximise attendance.

Thanks again for your involvement,

Adrian

Hi Adrian and all,

Unfortunately, I have already a meeting scheduled on Friday 1st June at the same (8.30am my time). So, I’ll be an apology for the next meeting, but will do my best to attend the future ones.

Kind regards,

Carina

Dr Carina Bossu

ASCILITE Fellow

Lecturer, Learning and Teaching (OEP)

Tasmanian Institute of Learning and Teaching

University of Tasmania

Private Bag 133, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia

T: +61 3 6226 1906 | M: +61 4 0799 4625 | E: Carina.Bossu@utas.edu.au

I work Monday to Friday (9am to 3pm Australian Central Time – GMT+10.30)

Description: UTAS_colour_CMYK-domestic_SM

CRICOS 00586B

Hi
9am AEST is midnight here in the UK. Too late for me to attend.

Carol

Hi Adrian -

The time will be 7 pm here in Toronto - I can make arrangements to attend. I look forward to getting to know the group in the coming months.

Thanks,
Maureen

Thanks everyone for letting me know - I have sent out a calendar request so that you’ll have this time blocked out. Also, I do think we need to address the time zone issue and potentially even shift the day.

As you can see from a meeting planner (Time Zone Converter website), this will be tricky, but we can discuss options.
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20180531&p1=47&p2=136&p3=250&p4=22

Regards,
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for setting this up - and have accepted the calendar invite.

The time and date site has a handy event time announcement tool, which will generate a url link for the start time in different time zones. See: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Look forward to connecting tomorrow.

Cheers

Wayne