My introduction : Dr.Prarthita Biwas

Dr. Prarthita Biswas is a teacher educator and a distinguished author in the field of teacher education. She is presently teaching as an Associate Dean in B.Ed. Department of the School of Education, Adamas University.

Previously she has served as a Principal of Pailan College of Education(A NAAC Accredited B+College) under the banner of Pailan Group of Institutions, Joka, Kolkata[Affiliated to The West Bengal University Of Teachers’ Training, Education Planning and Administration(WBUTTEPA]).In her tenure of 10 years in the college, she was one of the Steering Committee members and IQAC Co-ordinator of the NAAC Cell of Pailan College of Education when the college was accredited with NAAC B+ in the year 2017. She was also the Guest Faculty and Resource person in the Dept.Of Educaiton of Diamond Harbour Women’s University located at Sarisa near Diamond Harbour and a counsellor of the Dept. of Education, Netaji Subhas Open University.

Dr.Biswas did her M.A. in Modern History (with Specialization in International Relations) and M.Phil. in History from Jadavpur University . She has done her M.Ed. and Ph.D. under the Dept. of Education, University of Kalyani. She has also completed her M.A.Education and a professional Certificate course on Inclusive Education from Netaji Subhas Open University. Recently, in the year 2019 she has completed her Post Graduate Diploma course in Guidance, Psychological Counselling and Family Therapy from Jadavpur University.

Dr.Biswas has written several books on teacher education. As a single author she wrote three books titled “Swami Vivekananda and Women Emancipation”, “Swami Vivekananda’s Idea of a Rejuvenated India”and “The New Woman in the novels of Shanta Devi and Sita Devi”. She has also edited a volume on “Knowledge is Power: Inclusive and Human Development” in the year 2017 with a foreward by Prof.Dr.Mita Banerjee, who was the Vice-Chancellor of WBUTTEPA during that time.

She has written in more than 20 reputed educational journals and more than 40 articles in books. She also presented a number of research papers both in National as well as International Seminars (within India and abroad) such as SUSCON in IIM,Shillong, Inter disciplinary Seminar organized by Bangladesh Itihas Samiti in Dhaka,Bangladesh as well as in Tokyo University of Foreign Studies,Tokyo,Japan. She was also a Resource Person in International Seminars as well. She is the Editorial Board Member of “International Education Studies”, Canadian Centre of Science and Education, Canada & Lead Guest Editor of the Special Issue of the “Education Journal” titled “Gender,Peace and Education”. She is also the reviewer of various reputed International and National journals. She is also the facilitator of “JAGRITI YATRA 2013”-A National Entrepreneurship Development Programme. (http://www.jagritiyatra.com).

My reasons for joining this group is sharing education and I believe in life-long learning.

Welcome, Dr. Biwas. I look forward to future conversations.

Best,
Don Poirier
Thompson Rivers University, Open Learning

We wholeheartedly welcome you Professor Dr. Biswas.

Welcome Dr. Prarthita Biswas