In preparation for the launch of the OERu 1st year of study and the OERu process evaluation we have drafted a course evaluation survey. We invite feedback and suggestions from the OERu community to be posted by 23 February 2018.
The development of the survey instrument was informed by:
- Experience from previous evaluation surveys administered during the OERu prototype phase (see for example the OCL4Ed survey.)
- Consultation and suggestions tabled during the 16-10 Australian Regional Partner’s Meeting and the 17-10 OERu International Partners Meeting.
- Examples of similar surveys, for instance, Curtin University and Saylor Academy.
The survey instrument includes:
- A general section with generic items to be reused for all OERu courses to facilitate comparisons.
- A course specific section for items relating to the respective course being evaluated.
- The OERu partner(s) who contributed to the development of the course will be able to include custom items if needed.
- All OERu learners will be invited to complete the optional new participant survey. We have avoided duplicating items from the new participant survey in the course evaluation survey. Please review the new participant survey before providing feedback.
- We plan to incorporate the evaluation of specific course features, for example the assessment of unique learning activities, using the poll feature of the forums.oeru.org site. Spot poll links can be embedded in situ on the course site to gain feedback on specific pedagogical approaches.
- The draft survey instruments are licensed to the OER Foundation (OERF) using a CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.
- The OERF would like to acknowledge the work of Ken Udas and Alma Cervantes who assisted us with the development of the draft survey instrument.
Draft evaluation survey instrument
There are two ways you can access the draft survey:
Online version hosted on the OERu instance of LimeSurvey.Removed link to online version - survey is now live after implementing changes.
- PDF version available for download from the OERu instance of NextCloud. (Retained pre-review link for historical reasons).
Ways to provide feedback
- By replying to this topic thread on community.oeru.org. Please provide the item number when providing feedback to specific questions.
By annotating the online version of the survey using Hypothes.is. (You will need to sign up for a hypothes.is account to annotate.)(Survey is now live - period for comment is over).
We have established a wiki post under this topic to document suggestions for refining the evaluation survey.
Thank you in advance for sharing the gift of knowledge in helping the OERu.